BuddStories

This Blog is for Sasha Budd (7 years old) to share her stories with the world (with the help of mum).

Thursday, January 01, 2009

The Farm

BRRNG! BRRNG! My alarm woke me up with a start and I stared at the clock. It read, 6:23. I reluctantly got up and changed into some trousers and a t-shirt. My eyes were stuck together with sleep, so I couldn't see much at all. I ran down the stairs and collided with my sister. ''Oww!'' we both squealed as we walked past each other. She was laughing at me and I had no idea why, so I just ignored her. When I got downstairs, mum had started making pancakes and bacon for breakfast. I was just about to get outside when mum cracked up laughing. I was a bit offended so I asked her, ''Really, what's making you almost cry of laughter??'' She pointed at my t-shirt and looked down at the pancake bottle, pretending to read the instructions. Glancing down at my shirt, I realised it was on backwards so I quickly turned it around and ran out the door. The chickens were making their usual noise, clucking away hoping for food. I reached into the open shed and pulled out a bucked full of bread crumbs. They looked at me desperately with their big eyes, so I chucked lot's of food into the coop for them. They ran foward and plucked gratefully at their share of food. I smiled and walked over to the calf we had found in the woods. She was rather small and had a scratch behind her left ear. We were putting cream on it, so mum and dad reckoned it would heal in a few days. I patted her and whispered to her, ''Hey little one, how are you going?'' She groaned so I took that as a, ''I'm doing fine, thanks. How are you?'' I tickled her under the chin and told her I was well, but I was off to school soon. I turned back toward the house and walked slowly towards the back door. Oour farm was great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home